Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 9


Deuteronomy 5:7 - “You must not have any other god but me."


I messed up.  I worked out but not much.  Just enough to get by, but I could have done so much more.

I have been recognizing for a long time now that one of my "gods" was my stomach.  I think about food and how it feels, and what I'm going to eat, etc. before so much else, even before I pray in the mornings.  The Lord has been revealing this to me for a few months now, but I didn't want to admit it to myself.

Well, yesterday, it came to a head.  I knew that because I didn't work out in the morning that I would have to last night.  Problem was, I didn't pack a snack bag like I normally do, and so by the time I left work, I was famished.  And so, all I could think about on my way home was what I wanted for dinner.

I wanted to workout, I even planned which workout I was going to do, but I also knew that if I exercised on a full stomach, my best efforts would not come to the fore.  Nevertheless, I stopped to get something to eat and then tried to workout.  Didn't make it through the entire workout, in fact, barely made it to 10 minutes.

I fulfilled my obligation, but with a heavy heart.  GOD forgive me...

No comments:

Post a Comment