Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 8


1 Samuel 17:32 - 
"Master," said David, "don't give up hope. I'm ready to go and fight this Philistine."


David was young when he made this statement.  I stress that because sometimes we say things as youngsters simply out of naivete.  David had already had some fights in his relatively short lifetime (consider the lion and the bear), so he had the confidence.  What youth carries that I love is a confidence not yet marred by numerous defeats that often come as we age.  All David knew at this point was, that GOD told him he could do it, so it was as simple as just doing it.


I would love to recapture that confidence, if not that naivete, again.  I know GOD had put me on this journey, and I've already had some wins, but there is that voice of experience that keeps whispering doubt to me.  I am overcoming it moment by moment by "just doing it;" "it" being whatever GOD has told me that I can do.


For example, I rushed home today, got dressed and raced to Zumba class, only to find out that it was canceled.  So I get back home with the intent of tackling "Sweating in the Spirit" instead...couldn't find it.  At that point, so much within me was saying, "oh, just crawl into bed, you're exhausted anyway."  But the Greater Voice in me said, "you still have Leslie Sansone, do the Power Mile!"  So I did...with weights!


I could have easily given in to lethargy and laziness again.  But again, I made a commitment, so I'm going to keep doing this until GOD says stop, which I don't think is going to happen before the year is out.


So there!


8 days down, 357 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment