Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 10

Colossians 4:6 - 'Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one."

You know what?  This transparency stuff, I'm not liking it right now.  But I said I was going to blog, so I guess that means baring bits of my soul in order to be better.

Twice it was said to me by unsuspecting people, and I didn't heed it until I got called on the carpet.  Mind you, the people still don't know how much they were being used by GOD to deliver a very well-needed message, but I knew.  Oh boy, did I know!

I forgot one of my own biggest rules today, "Think how you would feel, if you were in that situation."  I was not very nice, and I'm ashamed of myself.  But thank YOU, GOD, for sending others to soothe the hurt my insensitivity caused.  I  kept using the excuse that my day was extremely drama-filled, but that was still no reason to make another feel "less than."

Well, I have been duly admonished, and it actually helped my workout regimen, 'cause I was so full of angst, I had to get a good sweat going to work off some of the built-up tension from the day.  I did Leslie Sansone's (if you don't know it by now, I love her workouts!) 30-minute walk, which was two miles in 30 minutes!  I also did 10 minutes of  arm and ab work first thing this morning, so I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now.

Not saying any of that can make up for what I did, but at least I didn't punish myself, or wallow.  I turned the bad into something good, and threw it right back into the devil's face.  So there!

10 days down, 355 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment