Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 7

1 Peter 5:7 - Cast all your anxiety on Him [God] because He cares for you.

Mondays, ugh!  I know, I know, every day is a gift from God, and we are to be grateful because each day is not promised.  But, and I really hate to insert a "but" here, Mondays often bring with them stress, strain, angst, factions, etc.  Not necessarily because of what we do, but because of what others heap on us.

Most of us may work in fields where, for some reason, Mondays seem to be the hardest workday.  Whether we're out on the front-lines dealing with the public, or behind the scenes preparing others for the public, work just seems to multiply over a weekend.  This often leads to that Sunday night "angst" about going in to work on Monday morning.  That probably also accounts for the statistic of Monday being the biggest day for employee call-outs, because people just can't seem to get over that "fear of Monday mornings."

Well, I'm no different, I dread Mondays...normally.  But this morning, for some reason, after a quick 10-minute arm-toning session, I didn't feel the dread I had with which I'd originally lay down.  I don't remember consciously casting this particular care on God, nor had I had a conversation with Him yet (yes, I know, shame on me).  Yet somehow, putting my mind elsewhere, if only for those 10 minutes, deflated that anxiety balloon so much that I was actually in a hurry to get to my office to get myself prepared for the day.

On the highway I praised God and had my talk with Him then, but it wasn't until now that I recognized the difference this journey is already making in my life.  There were some tensions throughout the day, but those quickly drained off when I took my walk around the track after work.  I have a feeling, and it's pretty strong, that when I go back for my annual checkup, my blood pressure will definitely be lower.

Yeah, casting all our anxieties on God is the best thing, especially when each day brings with it so many burdens that could easily weigh us down if we allow them to accumulate.  Yeah, I like this freedom better.  I think I'll stick with it...

7 days down, 358 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment