Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 4

James 2:14 - What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone?

Day 4 started off with a bang!  I fairly leapt out of bed to get started on my workout.  I ended Day 3 with an unplanned workout, though - mowing the lawn.

After almost a month without rain, the lawns in our neighborhood were starting to show some brown, but then a week of rain remedied that...quickly!  All of a sudden, lawns that were showing brown patches, were 10-12 inches high!  Problem was, as soon as we got ready to cut them and tame the quickly encroaching jungles, it would rain again, making an already time-consuming task all the more challenging.  Well, last night we got our reprieve, and you should have heard lawn mowers being fired up all over the neighborhood!

Anyway, it turned out not to be too difficult, but it still was a workout - 30 minutes of one!  So instead of just my daily 20 minutes, I ended up with almost an hour under my belt.  That energized me so much, and encouraged me so much more, I couldn't wait to wake up and workout again...OMG what a concept!

This morning I didn't just do the 20-minute "Get Started" workout, I amped it up to the 15-minute Power Walk!  That just set the tone for the rest of the morning, less stress, not so hurried, wide awake and rearing to go!

GOD told me I could do it, but my body was having a hard time believing it.  Well, I leapt out there on faith and put that mustard seed to work, and waddya know?  I'm pleasantly surprised by the immediate results - all this energy early in the morning.  Okay, I get it, keep putting action to that faith and I'll get there.  Okay, GOD, I hear YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment