Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 18


Romans 14:20a - 
Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food.




I've mentioned before that I found out that I had been putting food before God.  Well, it has been destroying the work of His Hands as well.





I thank Him that He hasn't saddled me with a lot of the afflictions that so many others possess, but I still have my own burdens to carry because of food, not the least of which is all this excess weight surrounding this fearfully and wonderfully made temple of the Holy Spirit.





It's only been a couple of days, but my knee still aches from mowing the lawn.  I don't know if I wrenched it, or it's just reacting (again) to being made to carry all this extra weight, I don't know.  But what I know is, something has to give.  And it's not going to be me.





I went out with my coworkers, and we had a really nice time.  What was even better was I didn't eat to excess.  As a matter of fact, I had a very healthy meal that was both satisfying and filling.





I can overcome this power food has over me.  I know I can because I have already been making wiser food choices and eating less than I had before.  I don't want to think about food all the time, but I guess that'll come in time.  For now, I'll be happy with this little victory.  Yay me!





18 days down, 347 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment