Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 17


Proverbs 24:30-35 - I went by the field of the lazy man, and by the vineyard of the man devoid of understanding; and there it was, all overgrown with thorns; its surface was covered with nettles; its stone wall was broken down. When I saw it, I considered it well; I looked on it and received instruction: a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest; so shall your poverty come like a prowler, and your need like an armed man.


Wow!  I took a look at all the work that's needed on my lawn and garden and almost got discouraged when I read this passage of scripture.  But, as the old adage says, :"Once begun is half done."  I have begun the arduous, yet loving, task of restoring my lawn and garden to its former glory.  


The front and back lawn have been mowed and most of the weeds have been cleared.  The major tasks at hand are trimming the trees and bushes and repairing the outside woodwork.  That's going to take time and money, but slow and steady wins the race, and I intend to win this race.  


One (or two) bright spot:  the clematis and peony are in bloom in the back garden, and the rhododendron and azalea are in bloom in the front garden.  The wild honeysuckle that I've let become an arbor over my back porch is beginning to bloom and the scent is one short of heavenly.  I remember taking long walks through an arbor that was covered in it, and feeling closest to God simply because of the wonderful scent that perfumed the air.  I'm really looking forward to it being in full bloom!


Anyway, my workout consisted of working in the garden, in the wonderful outdoors, instead of my original plan of walking indoors with Leslie Sansone.  I love her, but nothing beats the great outdoors with all that fresh air and beautiful lighting that comes right before the sun begins to set.  Thank You God, for the wonders of Your Hands!


17 days down, 348 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment