Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day 15

Ephesians 5:15 - Be very careful, then, how you live -- not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.


I can't live more than one day at a time.  For that matter, I can't live more than one moment at a time.  No matter how much I enjoyed yesterday, I cannot relive it.  I can try to duplicate it, but I can never relive it.  Same with a day in the future.  I may be looking forward to a particular day, but I can't live it right now, I have to wait until that day arrives.  


There's a saying going around: Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that's why it's called the present.  Each day into which we awaken is a gift.  Something the Father didn't have to give to any of us.  And in truth, there are some who didn't get today's gift; they opened their last present yesterday.  Not a time for sorrow, just a lesson for today.


I regretted not doing some things yesterday, but I can't go back and correct it.  What I can do is learn from it and apply the lesson to today.  I was nicer to some people, I was firmer with others.  I worked my body even though I didn't feel like I had the energy.  So many things that I didn't strive for yesterday, I did today.  Some things I didn't get done today because of poor planning, but if God gives me tomorrow, I'll apply that lesson then.  If not, I am grateful for today.


For example, I knew that I had to do a rigorous workout today because I took it easy two days in a row, but I didn't eat the right foods to give me the necessary muscular and energy support.  Therefore, I wasn't able to put my best effort forward.  I gave what I could, but I learned a valuable lesson.  Planning helps to make the most of each opportunity.  I don't have to be a Martha Stewart, type-A, anal list-maker, but putting some thought into the next few hours makes a big difference in the long run.  And I do have a long run ahead of me (I hope!)


If I'm going to be an effective soldier in God's army, I've got to respect this temple and do what I'm supposed to to make the necessary repairs, and then maintain those repairs.  So rest, hydration, activity, God-centered, all of that works together to make this journey work.


15 days down, 350 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment