Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 14


John 5:6-7 - When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, “Do you want to get well?”“Sir,” the invalid replied, “I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me.”


Heard this one so many times.  Lately, however, it's been interpreted as "the man with excuses."  Jesus didn't ask him whether he had help, or what he tried, or what had happened prior to this moment, all He asked him was, "did he want to get well?"


Jesus has asked me this question so many times, and I have offered so many excuses myself.  He's given me the solution: this journey.  And still, I'm offering excuses.  For instance, today I had the day off, but instead of tackling anything worthwhile, I stayed in bed because I was battling a sinus headache.  True, any movement exacerbated the pain, but here I am now, no pain, yet, still not doing anything.  Okay I've gotta go tackle something, 'cause it's the end of day 14, the end of week 2, I've lost 3 pounds, and I can definitely feel an improvement in my overall physical well-being, so why stop now?


Okay, laters...off to do....something...


14 days down, 351 to go!
2 weeks down, 50 to go!
3 pounds down, so much more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment